ARCTIC CHAR IN NUNAVIK, CANADA – HOSTED TRIP
Rapid Lake Lodge
No other destination can match Nunavik for trophy char on the fly. We have programmed this trip with Rapid Lake Lodge, Nunavik’s premier flyout lodge, during prime dates to fish for Arctic char in full spawning color. These hard fighting fish are one of the most beautiful spectacles nature can offer the adventurous fly fisherman. From late August through mid-September the rivers on the East coast of Ungava are stacked with big red arctic char. Many of these fish will weigh in between 10 and 15 pounds, and there is always the chance of catching a a 20+ pound fish. This is also the most beautiful time of the year to see the fall foliage of the north a flame in colors or the Aurora Borealis at night. This program includes fly-outs every day by floatplane to some of the most pristine rivers you will ever fish, returning in the afternoon to an excellent home style meal at the lodge and warm cozy room for good night’s sleep.
Day 1: Montreal – Kuujjuaq – Rapid Lake. Upon arrival at Rapid Lake, the manager-owner will welcome you with a cocktail, followed by the emission of fishing license and a presentation of your upcoming itinerary. In the afternoon, you are free to fish. Dinner and overnight stay at the Lodge.
Day 2: Fly-out fishing at the Sapukkait River. Depart for a day of fishing, flying over the impressive coastal landscape of Ungava Bay. After one hour and a quarter of flying time we drop our lines in the Sapukkait River. Renowned for its big red chars Sapukkait is a real fly fishermen’s paradise. At night, watch the aurora borealis. Overnight stay at the Lodge.
Day 3: Fly-out fishing at the Baudoncourt River. Early morning fly-out to the Baudoncourt where we will fish the big red char in the middle part of the river. In the afternoon we fish in the large granitic pools situated at the mouth of the river. At night, watch the aurora borealis. Overnight stay at the Lodge and Labrador tea tasting.
Day 4: Fly-out fishing at the Sapukkait River. Today we fish for the big red chars at diverse narrows of the Sapukkait River. At night, watch the aurora borealis. Overnight stay at the Lodge.
Day 5: Fly-out fishing at the Baudoncourt River. Early in the morning, we fish for arctic char in the large granitic pools near the sea and in the afternoon we fish the tributary which feeds the lake Baudoncourt. At night, watch the aurora borealis. Overnight stay at the Lodge.
Day 6: Fly-out fishing of your choice. ?Take advantage of this last day to fish for the speckled trout, lake trout or if you prefer for the arctic char on other rivers. Overnight stay at the Lodge.
Day 7: Breakfast at the Lodge. Return Trip.
NOTE: All prices are subject to availability. They may vary without warning due to exchange rate fluctuations, changes in costs or conditions by service providers, etc… A service fee of 100€ will be applied in the case of cancellation in addition to any costs associated with the reservation.
For more information contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Dates: 2-8 September, 2017
Availability: 2 rods
Total rods: 6
Techniques allowed: Fly
Price per person:
CAN $10,870 (Aprox US$8.490) + taxes (5% GST and 9,75%QST)
- Experiencing an immense wilderness region of lakes and rivers
- Exceptional fishing on little-known rivers
- Fishing absolutely pristine waters
untouched by man
- A chance to catch some of the largest sea-run arctic char in the world
- The incredible specticle of schools of huge flaming red arctic char
- The aurora borealis in full splendour
- The autumn tundra colors
- Savouring the day’s catch cooked over a open fire
- Round-trip jet flight between Montreal and Kuujjuaq
- Round-trip flight between Kuujjuaq and Rapid Lake
- Group information meeting with your tour guide from Day 1 to Day 7
- Guided fishing excursions by floatplane with a pilot-guide who speaks French and English
- Accommodations at Rapid Lake Lodge in cosy private cabin with showers and hot water
- Full board including dinner on the first day up to breakfast on the last day
- Outstanding Ungava-style hors d’œuvres
- Snacks and beverages between meals
- Preparation, freezing and packaging of your catch
- Ice service
- Free access to Wi-Fi
Does not include:
- International flights to Montreal
- Hotel and other expenses in Montreal
- Fishing license
- Fishing equipment, flies and accessories
- Alcoholic beverages (apart from wine at dinner)
- Travel insurance (available through PescaTravel)
- Personal expenses and tips